Tuesday, July 1, 2008

  {Book Review Time}

Hey! Its book review time!

From time to time you will see me review a book I have read. Keep in mind, I usually don't read very deep and meaningful books, but rather ones that have cute covers and make me want to pick them up! lol

But the latest book I have read was so much fun to read, I had a hard time putting it down!
It's called a Total Waste of Makeup by Kim Gruenenfelder.

This book is centered around a woman named Charlie. She works as an assistant to a lead actor named Drew Stanton. She has everything she could want! Great shoes, great clothes, great bags, great friends...life is perfect! Except Charlie is about to turn 30, she isn't married, isn't dating anyone serious, and thinks that marriage is a distant dream that will never come to pass. Not to mention her boss who is terribly demanding and slightly brain dead!

One night in her loneliness of "waiting by the phone" for a man she has gone on three dates with, Charlie decides to jot down some advice for her future granddaughter. Then, she realizes that her soon-to-be-married younger sister has a better possibility of having children way before her, so she decided to write the advice down for her grandniece!

This book is super witty, and fun to read! I laughed, I cried, and I rooted for Charlie through the whole thing!

Pick up this book! Its sure to please!! :)

No comments:

link within: Blog Widget by LinkWithin