Monday, July 27, 2009

  {Week 3: All You Grocery Challenge}

So week three started today, and I wanted to give you all a recap on the meals from today. Also, I am going to update the sidebar with my total so far for this week, so watch for that in just a moment! :)

For breakfast, we had rice crispies with bananas...didn't get a picture, but my mom used to make this for me all the time when I was a kid and I still am loving it!!

Lunch was black forest ham sandwiches on homemade bread (which was still warm!! YUM!!) and we had fruit and Frito's with it.


Dinner, I made baked chicken with a BBQ flavored Rub, DELISH...these leg 1/4s were already in my freezer, part of my meat stockpile, so they were totally free! We also had baked beans and I made my FAMOUS cornbread. (I take this to my bible study group all the time and I have never brought home leftovers!!)



Here is how to make the cornbread:
(before you make this, let it be known that this is super sweet, cake-like, super moist cornbread...not southern style dry crumby cornbread!)

you will need:
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup oil
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon honey
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups milk

Preheat oven to 350º.

In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.

Add the oil, melted butter, honey, eggs, and milk.

Pour into a greased 8-inch square pan.

Bake for 35 minutes.

blog siggy

2 comments:

lisette said...

love the pics of your food this week, so yummy! like the blog redesign. I did a new header for mine and I am getting set to redesign mine too, mostly just need to change font colors to pink and gray and make a background. Actually would you mind looking at my new header and critiquing it? I would greatly appreciate it. here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30237360&l=b3b5cb8ca0&id=1571462253

Also wanted to mentioned that your blog was featured on my Words of the Week Wednesday post: http://www.couponqueenofcorning.com .

Anonymous said...

You cook what I like. I am finding recipe after recipe that I like. Thanks.

I wanted to bake something tonight. I may make the cornbread. I like the idea of a sweet cornbread.

If I make it, I will blog it tomorrow, if they day is not too busy. We are a family of cornbread eaters.

link within: Blog Widget by LinkWithin