Wednesday, September 10, 2008

  {Live Well Wednesday: Week:4}



THE ONE MONTH MARK!!!! WHOO HOO!!
Ok guys, I am so excited about this one month mark. You know they say that if you do a new routine for 21 days that it becomes a habit, well, I am totally there. Eating healthy isn't a challenge anymore and when I get home from dropping off Lagan at school, I don't even hesitate to do my workout. I feel great!

Here is how I know that my body is noticing some difference...
--I don't get winded going up and down the stairs
--My pee is clear (I know that's a little TMI, but I'm drinking plenty of water and my body notices. Which is huge for me since I get like 12 UTI's a year, so this is a huge step!)
--I can do 50 crunches before my abs start to shake like an Earthquake!
--I am sleeping better.

AND.............

I have lost 6 pounds!!


And nothing is coming back! I cant wait until next month, maybe I will be down 12 pounds by then!!

So, I know a lot of you have sent me questions about this routine because you want to follow along with me. Last week, we chatted about working out. This week, I want to chat about food!

Food used to be my best friend. It was my comfort when I was feeling down. My reward for when I did something good. It was always there. PLUS, being a trained french chef (which is like the worst food for you in the world) I LOVE to cook! But I also know a lot about food and what is good and bad for me. So, I took those tools and applied them to my life.

So here is a little sample of my daily meals:


Breakfast:
I USED to have bacon or sausage, cereal (with lots of sugar), 2 or 3 eggs and maybe a bagel or toast.
Some mornings I would even have sweet rolls (like the entire 10 pack) or french toast with butter, syrup and powdered sugar.

NOW I have scrambled egg whites (you can get them at the store in a container, they are really good with bell pepper in them!) with a little fat free or low fat cheese on top. A slice of turkey bacon or turkey sausage, and a fruit. Sometimes I even throw in a whole grain English muffin or whole grain toast with natural peanut butter for extra protein.


For Lunch, I USED to eat out ALL the time! Fast food almost every day. NOW I stay home and make a pita pizza, love that, or a sandwich. (I love the new deep fried turkey from butter ball. Its 98% fat free and low in cal's. But has tons of flavor! Really good!)
I also eat fruit, raw veggies, and cheese at this meal too.
If you put your sandwich in a panini maker or in the George Foreman gill, its even better!!


And then for dinner, I USED to eat chicken fried steak, fried fish, fried chicken. Basically if it was battered and deep fried, I was all over it! I now bake almost everything or use my crock pot. I use my recipes over at The Gourmet Momma because I know whats in them and I know the nutritional information of them.

So the weight is coming off slowly but surly and I don't think it will come back! :) Thanks to everyone for continuing to support me!! I can't wait to check in next week!

blog siggy

10 comments:

taratoons said...

Way to go!! You have so much self control! I'm pretty jealous - I have a horrible time staying away from chocolate & pop! What you are eating sounds pretty darn good, too! Keep it up!! BTW I love how you organized your jewelry yesterday. I wish I had that much jewelry to organize!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Nikki, 6 pounds is alot!

At my weight watchers meetings we used to compare it to sticks of butter...4 sticks is one pound so you've lost 24 sticks of butter!

Diane

Ashley said...

Congratulations! I bet you never thought you'd be so happy to call yourself a big loser! Way to go!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

WOW! Six pounds is HUGE! Way to go! Very inspiring! The shrimp tacos look SOOOO good! Also, I shared your wreath project today!

Kristen, pajama mama said...

those new meals look yummy, no wonder it's working!

-kristen

roseroomnz.com said...

Wow, congratulations Nikki, you are amazing! Rachaelxo

Carry Grace said...

Yay! You are doing great.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Great job! You are well on your way.

Gina said...

CONGRATS!!!!
You are going to feel soooo much better eating so much healthier.
And be patient- slow weight loss is much better for long-term maintenance than fast.
Just think- only 4-6 lbs a month= 48-72 lbs. in a YEAR!! That's a LOT!!!
Hang in there, stay tough, and you will be an overcomer!!!
Cheering you on from Ohio!!

AJ said...

YOU GO GIRL:):):)

link within: Blog Widget by LinkWithin