Thursday, July 16, 2009

  {A day in the life of a foodie}

Another day of the challenge! I went grocery shopping today for the first time since the challenge, but I mostly bought supplies for next week (with next week's budget) since I knew I wouldn't have a chance to get to the store until later next week!

So here is today's meals...mostly free, I think lunch is the only thing I picked up from the store!!

Breakfast: Homemade Glazed Cake Donuts(recipe for donuts here, recipe for icing here)
these were SOOOOOO good!
Breakfast Total: FREE, already had everything on hand!


Lunch: "Steak" fingers (turkey "steak", so much better for you!), mashed potatoes (from yesterday's batch), green beans, and peaches. I also made homemade cream gravy! YUM!!
Lunch Total: $7.88


Dinner: Chicken stir fry with Asian peanut sesame sauce
this doesn't look very pretty, but it sure did taste awesome!
Dinner Total: FREE, I used the last part of the chicken I roasted, plus stir fry veggies I had in the freezer, Asian toasted sesame dressing, peanut better, and get this...RAMEN NOODLES!!! YEP! :)


Total in the challenge so far: $7.88!! Whoo Hootie! :)

Oh, I also had a baking day when I got home! I made flour tortillas, bagels, and 3 loaves of sandwich bread. (I found an amazing recipe for it on the coupon queen of corning's blog. She is also following the challenge and her recipes are awesome!! Check out the recipe HERE.)
(I forgot a photo of the bagels!! lol)




So with the baking day, all I used was a bag of flour, I had everything else on hand, so that was $1.88 bringing the challenge Total to: $9.76!

blog siggy

4 comments:

Britt said...

That's just wrong that you made donuts and I wasn't there!!!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm homemade tortillas!!

ko said...

r u trying to KILL ME!!!!!!!!!! Those donuts made me drool!!!!!!!!! My mom used to always make us homemade donuts!!! YOURS LOOK SO GOOD!!!

Lisette said...

Mmmm homemade doughnuts - haven't had those since I was a kid. maybe i will have to try it someday.

How did that bread turn out? Did it cut all right? Sometimes I have to stick my bread in the freezer for an hour or so and then cut it. Maybe I just need a better knife? lol.

link within: Blog Widget by LinkWithin